When Life Gives You Lemons
When life gives you lemons, you can do a whole lot more than just make lemonade.
Lemons are a wonderfully versatile fruit with a low calorie count but a high vitamin and mineral value. What’s more, they make for an environmentally friendly and cost-effective household item that can be used in myriad ways.
The uses for our new Organic Lemons from Bukit Lalang go well beyond your imagination. Read on for some of our favorite creative ways to use lemons at home.
In The Kitchen:
1. The classic! Make homemade lemonade. Mix 1 cup of water, 1 cup of sugar, and the juice of 4-6 lemons for a sweet and refreshing beverage to help you cool off in the hot Bali sun!
2. Brew tea from lemons. Add slices of lemon to a pot of tea with honey, and you’ll have yourself a calming lemon tea that soothes your throat and tastes delicious.
3. Whip up a lemony cocktail! Try making classic drinks like the Lemon Drop, Gin Fizz, or Whisky Sour using our Organic Lemons.
Bake meat and vegetables with lemon slices or wedges. Lemons add moisture, flavor, and tang to many baked dishes.
For Cleaning- forget chemical cleaning products and use lemons instead!
1. Clean discolored utensils with a cloth dipped in lemon juice.
2. Rub kitchen and bathroom faucets with lemon peel to shine and remove spots.
3. Eliminate odor from rolling pins, bowls, and cutting boards by rubbing them with a peice of lemon.
4. Polish furniture using one part lemon juice and two parts olive oil.
1. Scatter lemon rinds just under the surface of your garden to deter cats and other critters from digging.
2. Add a few drops of lemon juice to outdoor house paint to keep insects away while you are painting and until the paint dries.
3. Mix one tablespoon of lemon juice with two tablespoons of salt to make a rust-removing scrub that you can use on your outdoor shower.
Know of other fun ways to use lemons? Shoot us an email at email@example.com and let us know. We’d love to hear from you.